Monday, August 9, 2010

Prince Rupert to Houston

Here's a picture taken right before we left.. Were both excited and ready for the big ol trip. Everything's all packed up and ready to go.

This was taken downtown Prince Rupert. We saw this van and purposly parked beside it. Volkswagen throughout the years.. (Though we both agree ours is much cooler.)

We took this in Cow Bay in Prince Rupert. I like how the van contrasts with the building, and Cow Bay in general. I think everyone at least once has to explore it. But if you do, make sure your pockets are full of cash.

Caught this 30 pound salmon with our bare hands in the skeena. Actually a guy caught this on a gaff hook and told us to come down where he was and let us hold it up. They were pulling fish like these out of the water every five minutes and he also said that ealier that day his buddy pulled out a 105lb salmon.

This last one here, we were at a rest stop along the way and ground was moving with these little frogs. And they were floating down the river, but it was too hard to catch that on camera.

2 comments:

  1. Hi again, Looks like you had a good day. Please write more info with the pictures- like the one on the beach, can't tell what it is. Where are you going next and when. Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost mad at you I'm so jealous. One day I'll be wicked cool and you'll be jealous. We'll be 89 and the only reason I'll be cooler than you is becuase I'll have those new and improved ultra flexible hips that allow me to do the splits while you sit and watch from your wheel chair.. but I'll still be cooler than you, for once.

    ReplyDelete